High Roller Bonus
Many online sites offer special bonus privileges to their highest rollers. The following sites make a habit of rewarding their highest bettors with hefty cash and credit bonuses:
|Casino||High Roller Bonus||Total Bonus||Review|
|Slots Jungle||Offers several tempting bonus rewards, including a $10,000 high roller bonus||$10,000||Full Review|
|Grand Parker||Offers a high roller incentive of up to $8,000||$8000||Full Review|
|7Reels Casino||$7,000 welcome deposit and three-tiered VIP program for those who bet the most||$7000||Full Review|
|Classy Coin||$5000 welcome bonus package||$5000||Full Review|
|Loco Panda||400% up to free $4000 slot bonus||$4000||Full Review|
|Lucky Red Casino||high roller match bonus of up to $4,000||$4000||Full Review|
|Casino Titan||Up to $3000 FREE in 5 welcome bonuses||$3000||Full Review|
|Begado Casino||333% up to $3333 bonus FREE||$3333||Full Review|
|Onbling Casino||300% match bonus up to $3000 to play at slot machines||$3000||Full Review|
|Golden Cherry||300% up to $3000 bonus FREE||$3000||Full Review|
|This is Vegas||Get up to $2400 bonus FREE||$2400||Full Review|
|WinPalace Casino||High rollers can deposit a min. of $750, to receive a 200% bonus up to $2,000||$2000||Full Review|
|Platinum Play||High rollers can play 1500 free bets as welcome bonus||1500||Full Review|
|Royal Vegas||Get up to $1200 Welcome bonus||$1200||Full Review|
|Paradise 8||Get up to $1100 Welcome bonus||$1100||Full Review|
|7 Sultans||Up to $1000 free bonus in three phases||$1000||Full Review|
|Cocoa Casino||150% up to $1000 bonus FREE||$1000||Full Review|
|Lucky Nugget||Gives a matched bonus of up to $1,000||$1000||Full Review|
|DaVincis Gold||Get up to $1000 bonus FREE||$1000||Full Review|
|Ruby Royal||200% match bonus up to $1,000 FREE||$1000||Full Review|
High rollers are thrill seekers. They're risk-takers who bet large sums of money on the possibility of a win. When high rollers win, they win big. When they lose, they lose big. It takes more than a large bank account to be a high roller; it takes a certain kind of person with a certain psychological profile.
Characteristics of a High Roller
A 2010 research by researchers at the University of San Francisco identified the characteristics of a typical high roller:
- The average high roller at casinos, both online and on land, is wealthy and male.
- Average salary earned is $175,000 per year.
- The average high roller makes 10 or more trips to a land-based casino per year. Approximately one quarter of these trips are business-related, while the other 75 percent are for pleasure.
- These gamblers are not likely to be interested in casino loyalty programs.
- These gamblers usually express satisfaction with the quality of the facilities in which they gamble.
- Upscale casino resorts such as the Bellagio, Venetian, and Wynn appeal the most to this subset of gamblers.
- High rollers comprise a small percentage of the overall gambling population but their presence is highly significant in terms of casino profit.
Outrageous Online Jackpot
In September of 2013, an unusual online occurrence caught the gambling world's attention: In one weekend of high-roller gambling at Just-Dice[dot]com, a user by the name of “Nakowa” won 11,000 Bitcoins. The USD equivalent of this win is approximately $1.9 million. Just-Dice officials have not been able to explain the win; theories run the gamut from computer hacking to just plain luck.
Land-Based Casinos for High Rollers
While some land-based casinos are created to appeal to middle class day trippers, others are designed with wealthy high rollers in mind. These facilities often extend extraordinarily large table limits to guests. In Macau, the ceiling amount per bet is around$500,000 USD. In Las Vegas, the cap lies around $300,000.
The Chinese city of Macau was built for wealthy gamblers. Thanks to its high rollers, this Asian Sin City rakes in at least five times the profit of Las Vegas every year. Macau's Venetian has the largest gambling floor with nearly 900 game tables and 3,400 slot machines. Other hot spots include Wynn Macau, Casino Lisboa, and Galaxy Rio Casino.
The Galaxy Rio Casino (Macau)
Although the original Sin City relies heavily on middle class tourism for its income, VIP gambling rooms heavily pepper Las Vegas' casino map. In Vegas, a high stakes gambling trip is also about luxury. At Fantasy Tower of the Palms Casino Resort, special guests can rent the $25,000 per night Hardwood Suite complete with personal basketball courts and cheerleaders. For $40,000 per night, they can enjoy the Hugh Hefner Sky Villa.
When the New Jersey Borgata was built in 2003, officials hoped the deluxe new building would lure high rollers back to Atlantic City. With 3,500 slot machines, 250 table games, 200 elegant hotel rooms, and reputable dining and entertainment options, the Borgata has accomplished its mission.
High Roller Stories
- Hillel "Helly" Nahmad: While some high rollers operate within the boundaries of the law, others cross the line of legality and get themselves in trouble. Last April, billionaire Hillel “Helly” Nahmad and 32 accomplices were indicted for crimes associated with high rolling behaviors. The charges included money laundering, racketeering, and partaking of anillegal gambling ring. Numerous phone conversations were recorded in which Nahmad, who used his family's art dealing business to cover his tracks, was implicated in gambling ring activities. In August 2013, two of the 33 accused pled guilty to their crimes. Nahmad, however, maintained his innocence.
- Archie Karas: Notorious high roller Anargyros Karabourniotis, 62, otherwise known as Archie Karas, was arrested in September for possible card-marking in a San Diego casino. The incident in question brought him a profit of over $8,000.
- Don Johnson: Wealthy bettor Don Johnson came by his blackjack millions honestly (click here). Even so, the gambling guru has been banned from three casinos in Atlantic City and two in Vegas simply because he costs too much money. A recent $15.8 million winning streak in Atlantic City prompted the bans; Johnson managed to legally extract $5.8 million from the Tropicana, $5 million from the Borgata, and $4 million from Caesars. He did it without counting cards.